Monday 4 March 2013

John Peel

To illustrate this link for John Peel's Record Collection I have chosen again this letter what he sent me back in 1973 when I was living in France and feeling very homesick.  One of the nicest things on the radio was John's show which we could just about hear if the wind was blowing in the right direction. It helped keep me in touch with the mother land and what was going on in the wonderful world of indie rock/pop or whatever it was called back then. Punk hadnt yet happened and I imagine it was still Led Zep and Roxy Music and Bowie dominating the "festive 50".  Anyway, I wrote Peel and fan letter, telling him about the bones we found dug up from the graveyard next door to the old Presbytere we lived in.  Yes, "hardly British" indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment